Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Chronic Wasting Disease Alliance
- Chronic Wasting Disease Response
Response, Fact Sheets, & Recent Initiatives
- CWD at Colorado Vet Lab
Information from Colorado State University concerning Chronic Wasting Disease
- Common Wildlife in Karnes County can be categorized into three factions: Birds, Mammals, and Reptiles
- Birds include Sparrow-Hawk Falcon, Dove, Mockingbirds, Scissortails, Bobwhite quail, Roadrunners, and many more.
- Mammals are diverse here too, with creatures like deer, javalinas, coyotes, jackrabbits, cottontails, bobcats, armadillos, rats, moles, and skunks.
- Reptiles include, dozens of species of snakes, a large variety of lizards, house geckos, a few kinds of frogs and toads, and the very rare horny toad.